Thursday, September 10, 2015

Video Games and our Brain

I think video games have a positive effect on your brain when played in moderation, but probably not so much on your body. Research shows that playing action video games improves eye sight, and cognitive ability. Daphne Bavelier's  research shows people who play video games can track twice as many objects as the average person and eyesight improves by at least two lines on the eye chart. However, I can't see how sitting for long periods of time or the typical junk food snacks you eat while playing the games are positively effecting your body. It's widely known that junk food is bad for your health yet they are the snacks we tend to eat the most, especially while relaxing, watching a movie, or playing video games. Recently several studies have shown that sitting is very bad for your health as well. It raises your risk of diabetes,heart disease and some cancers. So, I believe video games are both beneficial and hurtful depending on the circumstances.


3 comments:

  1. I thought your post was great! I liked the picture you added. I agree that video games can be beneficial and hurtful depending on the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. Video games may not be terrible for your brain but it usually isn't good for your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good points about the eyesight. I figured it would help, but wasn't actually sure until i read on about it. Cool picture!

    ReplyDelete